This is a common question for people who have never worn Dickies before. The answer is yes! Dickies are preshrunk, but not all Dickies products are preshrunk.
Dickies are one of the most popular brands for denim. They come in different styles, colors, and fits. Dickies are available in pants, jeans, shorts, and more for men, women, and children.
Since most Dickies are preshrunk, you should always dry-clean them to remove any wrinkles or odors that may have been absorbed into the fabric during the manufacturing process.
And also, you don’t have to worry about the size of your pants being too big or too small.
However, If you’re looking for a more tailored look then Dickies can also accommodate your needs with many styles that offer slim/skinny fit options.
Examples of Dickies that are preshrunk
There are different types of Dickies that preshrunk they include, pants, jeans, shorts, and more.
You can find all kinds of colors for your clothing to match your lifestyle or needs. If you need something simple for weekends to wear sneakers you can find it too.
Dickies is a brand of work pants that are slightly cheaper than other brands of work pants.
They offer a variety of types of Dickies that are preshrunk. From their original Dickies line to the more industrial line, they have a wide array of styles and color schemes for individuals to choose from, ranging from;
- Standard Fit Denim Dickies Pants, which includes the traditional five-pocket style with jeans stitching around the seam.
- Regular Fit Denim Dickies Pants, which includes a straight leg and a regular waistband
- Relaxed Fit Denim Dickies Pants, which has a looser fit around the thighs and hips.
- Loose Fit Denim Dickies Pants, which is similar to a relaxed fit but has an even looser fit.
Examples of Dickies pre-shrunken pants includes;
- Dickies Men’s Relaxed Fit Carpenter Jean: This pant has a looser fit around the thighs and hips, it has a slightly tapered leg that fits over work boots and triple stitched seams that makes it last longer. If you ever need a strong, resistant, tough, and comfortable denim, then this pair is the right choice.
- Dickies Men’s Regular Fit 5 Pocket Jean: The pant’s fabric is made up of 100% heavyweight cotton, it is one of Dickie’s authentic work jeans with a traditional 5 pocket styling with stitching around the seams. It is everything you would want in a pair of work jeans. These comfortable jeans are featured with 7 keystone belt loops that help prevent bunching, back pockets, and deep front and a coin pocket slightly large enough to contain a pocket knife.
- Dickies Men’s Loose Fit Cargo Work Pants: This Dickies pants are featured with pleated cargo pockets with a loose fit around the thigh and hips with a leg opening; straight leg. This particular brand of cargo is the best and it’s really a “wash and wear” and they are almost too good for work clothes.
Why do Dickies preshrink some of their pants?
Dickies is a company that values tradition, quality, and service. They pre-shrunk their Dickies because they understand that their customers want comfortable pants and that will last for years to come.
This is why they preshrank some of their pants. Dickies understands the importance of comfort regarding apparel.
For this reason, they offer a line of pre-shrunken pants that can be worn straight from the dryer without having to worry about them shrinking up after the first wash.
The tendency for people to buy clothes online and return them if necessary can result in an increased number of returns due to clothing being too small after the first wash.
Dickies realizes this could be a problem with their customers because it’s hard to get money back after you’ve washed something, this is where pre-shrunken clothing comes in handy.
Dickies pants are preshrunk for many reasons. When you shrink the fabric, it makes the material stronger and less likely to get rips or tears in it.
A lot of people like their Dickies to be preshrunk because they know that they will always fit perfectly, so if you order a size 34 waist size, the Dickie 34 waist will be preshrunk so it fits how you expect.
Some people find that their Dickies still shrink even after they have been washed and dried. This is because there are some types of Dickies pants that are not preshrunk.
For example, cargo pants are not preshrunk on purpose since they need to be able to hold tools conveniently.
These types of Dickies may be more likely to shrink than other types of Dickies when they are washed and dried many times in a row.
Dickies is a brand that offers many different types of pants to meet the needs of every customer. While some are preshrunk, some are not.
The main reason behind this is that some Dickies pants are for wearing while working on the job site, which means they have to be tough and durable, and because you might get dirty or sweaty when you work, these pants will need to be able to withstand a little bit of shrinking when they get wet and dirty.
For this reason, any Dickies work pants that have been prewashed will need to be washed again before being worn so that they won’t shrink too much in size after being cleaned.
On the other hand, there are some Dickies that are not preshrunk because they are designed for wear off the job site – like on your time off or at home hanging out with friends or on a date night with your significant other.
This means that these pants will only shrink if you wash them more often, but you won’t need that since they won’t be as dirty or sweaty while wearing them off the job site.
Another factor leading up to Dickies decision to preshrink some of their pants was the difficulty people had when trying to find work pants in size 28x34x36 in local stores.
Dickies customer base spans all over the state, so they need to have a variety of sizes available for purchase online or at a store near you.
Finally, contrary to what we’ve takes discussed earlier, Dickies believes it’s important for people who wear their products out on job sites or in factories during work hours not to have any worries when it’s time to wash their clothes at home because they were pre-shrunk.
Dickies pants come in many different types and with the wide selection available, there is sure to be something for everyone!
You can find everything from women’s work pants to men’s carpenter pants at your local store.